By Victoria Q
After listening to Christmas songs and news about the coming holiday on the radio for almost 2 months, finally… Finally…. Finally, it’s time for the most exciting season of the year, Christmas!!!
I’ve been watching new and re-watch countless Christmas’ movies almost every single night for these 2 months, right after Halloween. Also, I’m busy exploring plenty of baking recipes for you all.
I know many of you are probably busy decorating the house, buying Christmas gifts, planning for meals and writing guest lists. So, I come out with this easy baking recipe that takes only 10 minutes of prep time – The Vegan Lemon Pound Cake.
This cake is tender, moist, with the perfect texture for a pound cake. It’s also perfectly sweet but not overly sweet so you don’t have to worry about the kids or eldest. The ingredients used in this recipe are most likely already lying around your pantry. So easy peasy, right?
You can spread with some vegan butter or drizzled with maple syrup or lemon icing and serve as an after-meal dessert. I love to eat just the way it is.
Eating this sweet and tangy lemon pound cake while watching a Christmas movie under the blanket, that’s the greatest moment ever. What else to wish for Christmas?
Non-dairy milk: I found that almond milk and soymilk work well in this recipe. But you can do your own experiment using other non-dairy milk such as oat milk and cashew milk. Who knows, and maybe you found that you love your lemon pound cake with oat milk rather than almond milk. Don’t be afraid of failing and always explore your new idea.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C. Prepare a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and cover the inner part of the loaf pan with baking paper.
- Sift all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Mix well. These are your dry ingredients.
- Add vegan butter and sugar to an electric mixer and cream well. Then add vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Add the dry ingredients into the creamed butter and sugar mix a bit at a time. Blend well.
- Add non-dairy milk and lemon zest. Blend till well-combined.
- Transfer into prepared baking pan and smooth evenly using a spatula.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the centre of the loaf after the first 40 minutes, then every 10-15 minutes. Bake until the toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes before transferring to the cooling rack.
- Cut into the desired size once it’s completely cool and serves.
I’m going to upload another Christmas recipe tomorrow, so be sure to come back and check it out.