By Victoria Q
How would you ever know that this juicy rotisserie chicken recipe can be cooked in an air fryer! And I’ll show you how.
Making your own rotisserie chicken at home seem a little intimidating but it’s actually very easy especially in an air fryer. And once you’ve tried it, you’ll always want to make it again.
Rotisserie chicken is an amazing dish to master as it makes wonderful lunch or dinner to feed any size of the family. It’s fit for any occasion and can be served with roasted potatoes and salad or with the classic mashed potatoes.
Unlike the traditional method of cooking rotisserie chicken in an oven or rotisserie, I use an air fryer here because it’s easy to use without having to watch the chicken and it can still maintain its deliciousness. All I have to do is flip it once halfway through and let it cook by itself. Having an air fryer at home is a total lifesaver for me when I’m busy doing my things and having no time to cook on a stove.
This is a great easy recipe that is loved by the whole family. It’s tender, juicy, and full of flavour every single bite you take! Perfect as a main dish to pair with any side dishes of your preferred.
Chicken: You may use any part of the chicken you like – wings, drumsticks, thighs, chicken fillets as long as you cut it into small pieces. I love chicken breast. I used to dislike chicken breast because of its tough texture. When I included chicken breast in my diet (for weight loss), I forced myself to eat it every single day. But now, I just love it so much that chicken breast is my first choice out of all parts.
- 600g chicken
- ½ tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Pat the chicken dry and cut it into small pieces. If using chicken breast, cut it in half to make it thinner.
- Rub the chicken with olive oil, then season all over with salt and pepper. Set it aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk to combine herbs and spices, then rub the spice mix all over the chicken.
- Add the chicken to the air fryer basket and cook at 350ºF or 180ºC for 10 minutes, then flip and cook for another 10 minutes. If using chicken breast or any boneless chicken, reduce the time to 8 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately with rice or mashed potato.
Love this easy air fryer’s recipe? You would definitely love this too.