By Victoria Q
Perhaps you eat too much dessert during Halloween and want to get back on track, or perhaps you just want to load up on your greens for better digestion, this salad is super easy to make with minimal ingredients which may already sit in your fridge. Also, use this excuse to clear your fridge up!
You don’t always have to put in a ton of time and ingredients for an amazing meal. Just like any other food, salad is just delicious and packed with plenty of nutrients. I like to keep it simple by using just a few ingredients. It’s seriously delicious that way while not overly complicated. Simple is better!
The best part of this salad is it’s customizable. You can add or omit just about anything you like and make this salad perfectly created just for you.
Oil-free: Keep your salad healthy and oil-free by omitting cooking oil when cooking the tofu scramble. Make sure you use a non-stick frying pan here.
Vegetable: There is a huge range of vegetables you can add to your salad: red or green leaf lettuce, carrots, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, kale, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, green peas, and collard greens. Feel free to use any vegetables you want. I keep it minimal to 3 vegetables because simple is better.
Extra topping: I added pumpkin seeds for extra crunchiness here. You may add any other topping such as dried fruits, granola, seeds, and nuts. Keep it minimal for a healthy salad.
- 360g extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Lettuce, chopped
- Carrot, shredded
- Pumpkin seeds
- Your desired vegan dressing
- Crumble tofu into bite-sized pieces using your hand or a fork. In a small bowl, mix spices for tofu scramble.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add some oil and when it’s hot enough, add tofu and spices. You may omit oil if you want. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes till well combined. Stir occasionally.
- Assemble salad with lettuce on the bottom, topped with carrot, corn, tofu scramble, and pumpkin seeds. Use your desired dressing to drizzle over salad.