By Victoria Q
Hi friends, I’m so excited! Can you feel it? Halloween is just around the corner with 8 days left!! This time I’m coming back with Halloween treats recipe that even your kids can make together.
This Halloween Oreo Mint Bark is perfect sweet treats and goodies to share with your family or even keep to yourself. A not too sweet, minty and extremely simple recipe that only takes 10 minutes.
It is a delicious no-bake recipe that’s great for your kids to join, and the perfect way to clear your leftover candy out of the pantry. This recipe is a blend of all yummy goodies for Halloween – white chocolate, Oreo cookies, smarties, sprinkles, and chocolate rice.
White chocolate: I love Beryl’s White Chocolate Coins. It’s not too sweet, easy to melt and very milky. It originally comes in a big pack of 1kg, but most bakery shop repacks and sells it in smaller packaging of 250g and 500g.
OREO cookies: You definitely can use any other type of OREO cookies such as OREO fizzy, OREO gingerbread, OREO red velvet, OREO peanut butter, OREO birthday cake etc. I use OREO original here because I just love it. I’ve tried other types of OREO cookies but nothing can beat the original version in my heart. That’s how much I love the OREO original.
Candy: I use leftover candy I have in my pantry, which is smarties. You can add any candy you want. Or if you prefer to get candy corn, that’ll be perfect for Halloween.
Peppermint extract: The good point of this recipe is it’s flexible. If your kids hate peppermint flavour, just omit it from the recipe.
- 250g white chocolate
- 6-8 original OREO cookies (original)
- Chocolate rice
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- A few drops of edible green food colouring (optional)
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Put OREO cookies in a Ziploc plastic bag and break them using a kitchen roller.
- Then, melt the chocolate over a double boiler or microwave. If using the double boiler method, melt half of the chocolate till almost completely melted before adding in another half. Stir occasionally. If you’re using the microwave, pause and stir every 30-40 seconds.
- Spread broken OREO cookies and smarties over the prepared baking pan.
- Once the chocolate had completely melted, add peppermint extract and stir.
- Add a drop of green food colouring at a time and stir. Add more if needed till you get the desired colour.
- Pour melted chocolate over the baking pan and spread with a spatula to even it out. Top with sprinkles, and chocolate rice.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour till the chocolate had set.
- Once set, use a knife to cut the chocolate up.