By Victoria Q
Want to have a healthy homemade meal but don’t have the time to cook? No worries. This recipe is very simple to make and all you have to do is leave the chicken in the air fryer with enough time on, flip once halfway through and wait for it to be cooked. Yes! It’s that easy!
This Lemon Herb Chicken is rich in flavour, juicy, tender and so delicious yet healthy. It is a fast and easy recipe that is suitable for an all-the-time dinner plan especially when you have a hectic day and just want something as simple as it can be.
The chicken is coated with garlic and herbs marinade and lemon sauce giving it a lot of moisture and tangy. It can be an extra protein for a lunch salad or hearty sandwich.
Cooking method: I use an air fryer here because it’s easier and I can just leave the chicken cook itself without having to watch. Just flip it once halfway through and that’s all. However, you have to watch the chicken if you’re using a frying pan over a stove or griller to avoid overcooked or burnt. Having an air fryer at home is a total lifesaver for me when I’m busy with my things and don’t have the time to cook on a stove.
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- A few sliced lemons (for decoration)
- Pat the chicken breast dry and cut it in half to make it thinner. Set it aside.
- If using an air fryer, place an aluminium foil before you put the chicken in. This is to prevent the sauce from getting to the bottom of the air fryer.
- In a mixing bowl, mix oil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to create a marinade paste. Brush onto the chicken breast.
- In the same bowl, create the sauce by adding oil, garlic powder, lemon juice, and sugar. Then, pour over the chicken.
- Cook the chicken over 350ºF or 180ºC for 30 minutes without closing the aluminium foil. Flip once halfway through after the first 15 minutes. At this point, put the sliced lemons on top of the chicken and let them cook together for the last 15 minutes.
- If you’re using cooking with a frying pan over a stove, cook the chicken over medium heat for 20-25 minutes. Flip once halfway through after the first 10 minutes. Then, cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- If you’re using a griller, cook the chicken over medium fire for 20-25 minutes. Flip once halfway through after the first 10 minutes. At this point, put the sliced lemons on top of the chicken and let them cook together for another 10-15 minutes.
- To serve: Serve immediately with rice, fries or just the way it was.
- To store: Place the chicken into a sealed storage container with the leftover sauce and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days.