Have you ever wonder what should you do with a huge pack of cornflakes that you bought some time ago? You bought the largest pack to save money but it ended up sitting in a container in the pantry. So am I! I’ve been thinking for quite some times and at one moment I remembered Cornflakes Cakes that my colleague brought to the office last time. It was so delicious that I ended up eating plenty of it. So, I did all the research and tried to make it. It was a success. This time I’m going to share with you guys a vegan version of Cornflakes Cakes.
- 90g vegan butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened maple syrup (you can use a sweetened maple syrup if you prefer it to be sweeter)
- 4 -5 cups Cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Line 12 or 24 hole patty pan with cupcake liners.
- Melt butter, sugar and maple syrup together in a saucepan till frothy.
- Add Cornflakes and mix well. If the saucepan is too small, move it into a bigger bowl before adding Cornflakes.
- Spoon into cupcake liners and bake until golden-brown.
- Cool it down before served. Store the remaining Cornflakes Cakes in an airtight container. It can be store up to a month.